The skin is an amazing organ! It is divided into three layers called the epidermis, dermis and hypodermis. As protective as it is exposed, the skin protects our body from the outside world as much as exposing it by displaying its natural weaknesses. A veritable mirror of our identity, the skin deserves all our attention. Here are our tips to meet the skin's most essential needs and enjoy a radiant complexion.
How can you achieve a glowing complexion?
Whether dry, oily, combination, young or mature, the skin has two essential needs: to be well hydrated (as the skin is 70% water) and to be well nourished to prevent it from drying out. Which means, you have to:
- Moisturise the skin from the outside by regularly applying (morning and evening) appropriate care products to preserve its full beauty and radiance. Moisturising serums, day and night creams can stimulate the production of hyaluronic acid, illuminating the face and tightening pores.
- Nourish the skin from the outside to preserve its natural protective film and prevent it from drying out by using oilbased care or lipid-rich creams such as sweet almond oil.
- Moisturise the skin on the inside by drinking 1 to 1.5 litres of water every day to offset water losses through daily activities (sports, cleaning, gardening, etc.) or physiological needs (breastfeeding, pregnancy, etc.). Eating foods that are naturally rich in water such as raw fruits and vegetables, which are also, for the most part, rich in antioxidants, can be particularly beneficial to skin health.
- Nourish the skin from the inside to provide it with concentrates of fundamental structural elements to help it maintain a radiant complexion. How? With a balanced diet and the intake of targeted and qualitative food supplements.
What structural elements does my skin need?
Our environment (sun, pollution, microbes, etc.), our lifestyle and our age have an influence on the natural production levels of certain structural elements of the skin such as collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid, etc. Taking food supplements can be a useful way to help the skin keep its glowing complexion. Natural elements that are easily assimilated by the body such as keratin, vitamin C, hyaluronic acid or ceramosides are good examples.
- Keratin is a protein produced and used by the body and is the main component of skin, nails and hair. It gives them their tonicity and strength. It is therefore a major element for radiant skin.
- Vitamin C is a vitamin that contributes to the normal formation of collagen. And collagen means elasticity, resistance, suppleness and hydration! Everything you need for radiant skin. But that's not all, thanks to its antioxidant power, vitamin C helps protect cells from oxidative stress! So vitamin C is essential because it can give our skin a serious boost1.
- Hyaluronic acid is a natural and essential component of the skin. In fact, it has become one of the most popular supplements in recent years. Restoring vitality to your skin.
- Ceramosides are patented natural plant extracts for skin beauty.
While moisturising and nourishing our skin are essential to keep it in top shape, food supplements such as Alline Proderm can be a useful boost. By taking 2 capsules a day, you offer your skin a targeted concentrate of keratin, vitamin C, hyaluronic acid and ceramosides2. Isn't that a great gift?
1Vitamin C contributes:
- To the normal formation of collagen to ensure normal skin function.
- To protect cells from oxidative stress. Environmental pollution and solar radiation are the main causes of this oxidative stress.
2In vitro efficacy study. Evaluation of the bioavailability activity of a dietary supplement. University of Pavia (2010).